Following the death of a loved one, dealing with their affairs can be complicated and confusing especially during a distressing and emotional time. At MFG Solicitors we can assist you every step of the way and we can help you deal with all aspects of administering someone’s estate which may include the following:-
- Obtaining valuations of their assets.
- Arranging for any Inheritance Tax, Income tax or Capital Gains Tax due to be paid.
- Completing the necessary papers to obtain Grant of Probate.
- Collecting in any monies and paying off the outstanding liabilities.
- Carrying out the Conveyancing work to sell the property.
- Distributing the money in accordance with the provisions in the Will.
We can also offer advice should there be any contentious issues regarding the contents of the Will or further assist in dealing with an estate where the person did not leave a Will and therefore died intestate.
It may be that beneficiaries of the Will require tax advice or need to do some Inheritance Tax planning of their own, such as by way of a Deed of Variation to direct their inheritance to other family members.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you wish to discuss any of the issues raised above and should you have any other questions following someone’s death.