Two women have become embroiled in a complicated legal wrangle over a businessman’s...
We know that medical practitioners require specialist advice in regard to their arrangements. A number of mfg’s partners have gained expertise in this specialist area enabling them as a team to deliver a tailored service to this sector.
Moreover, our advice is often more cost effective than employing large city firms. As we are all aware legislative changes are now upon us. Plotting your way through the minefield of emerging and evolving legislation and frameworks requires advice to ensure that your practice is ready and best placed to move forward.
We can offer advice on constitutional documents and the effect these will have on your practice and the help you to evaluate and undertake appropriate changes to your own partnership agreements. Should you decide to take up opportunities to be a provider of services, we can offer advice on the business model through which to deliver the service and help set up provider companies, joint venture agreements etc.
mfg appreciate the many varied property arrangements that arise out of the ownership and occupations of surgeries. We offer pragmatic property advice whether it is dealing with freehold or leasehold interests, sharing occupation and regulating current arrangements, finance or advising upon development opportunities. Given the changes that will be taking place with the transfer of PCT Estates we are happy to carry out an audit of your current arrangements to assist you with your negotiations.
The services we offer are:
- Buying, selling private practices
- Partnership Agreements
- Supplemental agreements for incoming partners
- Retirement agreements for outgoing partners
- Dissolution/Settlement agreements
- Deeds of variation
- Contractual advice
- Partnership disputes and dissolution
- Property Partnership Arrangements
- Surgery premises
- Acquisition of freehold and leasehold premisesLeases by property owning doctors to their practices
- Sales and leasebacks
- Changes of property owning partners
- Development schemes
Procurement, Consortiums and PFI
- Advice on the appropriate business vehicle to bid for contracts and assistance in setting up such vehicles, i.e. limited companies or LLPs
- Co-operation agreements between practices for the delivery of PMS contracts
- Private Finance Initiatives and Public Private Partnerships
- Potential redundancies and consultation process;
- Transfer of and the implication of TUPE and the Cabinet Office Statement of Practice (COSOP) “Staff Transfers in the Public Sector”.
- Job creation, Recruitment and appointment of key individuals
- Review employment contracts and other employment documentation to include employee handbooks.
- How to implement the changes
We are currently working with a number of CCGs to provide seminars and workshops for practices within their localities. The format of these seminars is to provide advice on the key areas of: Updating Partnership Agreements to take account of CCG constitution; Dealing with Property Arrangements – PCT Estate transfer; Preparing to Provide Services and Employment Update for GP Practices.
If you would like to receive details of the seminars or if you would like to arrange a seminar for your area please email email@example.com