A new study suggests that residential renewable power generation and storage will begin to become...
Disputes arise in business.
We understand that most clients would prefer to resolve disputes, preserve business relationships and avoid costly litigation. We can offer practical cost effective commercial solutions aimed at resolving all types of commercial disputes quickly, including negotiation and mediation. If and when court action becomes appropriate we will vigorously litigate on your behalf.
Litigation has changed; there is now greater emphasis on costs and case management. Preparation is key to maximising the advantages of the new regime. We achieve excellent results by assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your case and preparing an effective strategy based on a realistic budget.
We understand business and will seek to run your case on agreed commercial objectives to enable you to take proactive, commercial decisions.
We deal with all aspects of commercial disputes including:
- Contractual and warranty disputes
- Breach of directors’ duties, shareholder and partnership disputes
- Civil fraud claims, freezing orders and asset recovery
- Construction disputes
- Defamation and privacy law
- Financial services disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Intellectual property
- Professional indemnity/professional negligence
- Commercial debt collection
- Arbitration and mediation
- Commercial agency
Recent Litigation and Dispute Resolution Cases
- High value and complex multi-track action for Defendant client in the defence of a claim for negligent mismanagement consequent, upon a turnout instruction valued at £4.5 million.
- Advice and assistance in relation to the termination of a software contract, defence of a procurement contract, a potential breach of agreement relating to the supply of components for Russian Trains and in relation to potential termination of generic drug distribution agreement in China. Contracts valued between £400,000 and in excess of £1 million.
- Acting for medium to large sized companies in high value contracts both prosecuting and defending. Values range from £45,000 to in excess of £1 million.
- The prosecution and defence of contentious intellectual property actions for shoe retailers. A complex copyright and passing off intellectual property dispute concerning rainwater ponchos, website imagery and online shopping regulations. Valued between £200,000 and £450,000.
- Negotiation of a pre-action settlement of a complex supply of goods distribution agreement concerning the supply of trampolines from China with a value of £290,000.
- Multi-track and party claim and counterclaim concerning intricate allegations of breach of duty, negligence and breach of contract.
- Enforcing a retention of title clause.
To discuss further call one of the team on 0845 5555 321 or contact us by e-mail.