Midlands law firm mfg Solicitors has strengthened its Private Client department with the...
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. Please contact the person working on your case at mfg or Iain Morrison at email@example.com.
What will happen next?
Our aspirations are:-
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. If it is not resolved very quickly, this will normally involve passing your complaint to the partner responsible for the division in which the work area of your matter falls.
- Within 21 days of acknowledging your complaint a more detailed written response will be sent to you. However, depending on the nature and extent of the complaint, we may instead or in addition invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
- If a meeting takes place, we will write to you within five working days of the meeting to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you or proposals we put to you.
- If the complaint still remains unresolved having gone through the procedure referred to above, it will then be referred to the mfg Chairman, Iain Morrison, who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you and also to the relevant divisional partner. Iain Morrison will liaise with you and may invite you to a meeting and/or make suggestions for resolving the matter as soon as is reasonably possible but contact will be made with you within 21 days of the matter being referred to him.
- We may vary the procedures set out above if we reasonably deem it appropriate. Iain Morrison, for example, may become involved in the procedure earlier than set out above if the issues warrant it.
- After the above procedures have been followed, if you are still not satisfied, you must contact Iain Morrison again and we will arrange for another partner or someone unconnected with the matter to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If this procedure does not lead to a satisfactory resolution of your complaint within 8 weeks of making it, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman and refer your complaint to him:
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333
Full details of the kind of complaints which the Ombudsman will accept, can be found on their website at http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/.
The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with lawyers.
The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within one year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned, or within one year of the date at which you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint. You must also refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.
If we have to change any of the time scales above, we will let you know and explain why.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority:-
Postal address: Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham B1 1RN
Telephone: 0370 6062555
International callers: +44(0)121 3296800