Midlands law firm mfg Solicitors has announced three internal promotions at senior associate and...
Rural estate owners’ are faced on a daily basis with a wide range of challenges in ensuring the continued success or survival of their estates. Estate owners are constantly having to consider how best to utilise the estate in order to protect or exploit this valuable asset.
Here at mfg we are able to assist estate owners by providing specialist legal advice gained from practice areas across the firm but spearheaded by our dedicated Agricultural and Rural Affairs division and our Private Client and Tax Team.
mfg has the breadth and depth of specialist knowledge to advise clients on the unique challenges which estates face.
We provide comprehensive long term legal assistance to clients where our knowledge and understanding of their estates can ensure that we can provide strategic advice for safeguarding and growing the estate in the future.
The following are just some of the types of work we have done for estate owners previously:-
- Sale and purchase of land
- Development of land (including residential development and diversification)
- Agricultural Tenancy matters (relating to all types of agricultural tenancies)
- Disputes relating to Agricultural Tenancies
- Residential tenancies of dwellings on the estate
- Sporting and Rural Leisure Pursuits (including shooting and fishing rights)
- 1st registration of land at HM Land Registry
- Advice in relation to public rights of way and highways
- Agricultural Finance
- Manorial rights
- Woodland and forestry related matters
- Commons and Village Greens
- Mines and Minerals
Tax and Estate Planning
- Tax advice (in particular on Agricultural Property relief and business property relief)
- Advising on and implementing changes to business structures
Divorce and separation as well as pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements